What is the Reshape process?
Reshape is an exciting new dual sphered gastric balloon that creates a feeling of satiation in the client’s stomach, deterring overeating, destructive snacking and night binging, activities that tend to bring on weight gain. With this superior device in place, clients find that cravings are greatly reduced and they can choose healthy foods and begin to enjoy exercise.
The great thing about Reshape is that unlike bariatric surgery, there are no incisions, no scarring, no sutures and no downtime. The entire gastric balloon insertion process takes typically a half-hour if not less.
It is not uncommon for a client to have the procedure done on their lunch hour and then to promptly return to work afterwards. Most patients report that they cannot feel the device in place, making insertion an extremely comfortable and noninvasive experience.
A dynamic, holistic two-part system
The Seattle Reshape gastric balloon system requires the first 6 months with the device implanted, and the second 6 months with the device removed. Supportive counseling and life coaching, however, is ubiquitous throughout the entire year, helping each client to make a true lifestyle change rather than merely focus on the physical benefits of the program.
The Seattle Athenix Reshape system provides:
- Cutting-edge gastric balloon device implantation
- 24-hour online supportive community
- One-on-one coaching with a friendly team of physicians, dietitians, personal trainers, and lifestyle coaches
- Meal plans and exercise regimens customized to your liking
- Continuous follow-up sessions over the course of 12 months
Ideal Candidate for Reshape
- Is older than 18 years of age
- Has not undergone bariatric surgery in the past
- Is not currently pregnant or breast-feeding
- Is physically and mentally healthy
- Has a comorbidity connected to obesity such as diabetes, sleep apnea, high cholesterol or high blood pressure
- Is committed to completing the entire 12 months of coaching
- Can tolerate endoscope insertion of the balloon
- Requires a weight loss of at least 25 pounds
Clinical trials show remarkable results
Reshape clinical trials have shown that clients tend to lose twice as much weight as they would following an ordinary diet and exercise regime by itself. In general patients will lose 15 to 35% of excess body weight, which translates to roughly 25 to 55 pounds shed. For a nonsurgical procedure with no downtime, these results are outstanding.
When side effects occur
Side effects with Reshape are quite rare, with the most common one being mild nausea and discomfort. These sensations tend to wear off as you adjust to having the device in place, however your doctor can offer you a prescription for anti-nausea medication to increase your comfort during the process.
Who is responsible for the Reshape design?
The innovative dual balloon intragastic device was created by Reshape Medical Incorporated, a company devoted to working with obese clients for long-term lifestyle change. The company is based out of San Clemente and was formed in 2005.